Responsibilities Of Membership - Candidate's Statement
Candidates for membership of the Rotary Club of Melbourne are requested to sign a statement containing the following undertakings:
· I, the undersigned, being familiar with the requirements for, and conditions of, membership as detailed in this document and contained in the Statement of Purpose, the Statement of Rules, the Constitution and By-laws, hereby express an interest in seeking Active Membership of the Rotary Club Of Melbourne Inc. ("the Club").
· I am personally and actively involved in the business or profession indicated above and have my place of business or residence located within the territorial limits of the Club or within the corporate limits of the city in which the Club is located or within the territorial limits of an immediately adjoining club.
· I understand that it will be my duty, if invited to join, to exemplify the Objects of Rotary International as detailed above in all my daily contact and activities, and, at all times, to abide by the Statement of Purpose, the Statement of Rules, the Constitution and By-laws of the Club.
· I agree to pay the above Entrance Fee and Annual Subscription (which will be pro-rated to reflect joining date) in accordance with the Rules of the Club following the completion of the Club’s membership formalities and prior to my induction into the Club.
· I hereby give my permission to the Club to publish to its members my name, proposed classification and other above personal details as it deems appropriate.
· I understand that the completion of this Membership Expression Of Interest Form confers no obligation on the Club to offer membership to me, nor any right of admission of me to membership of the Club. I understand that the Club reserves the right to terminate its membership process related to me at any time prior to the final acceptance of me by the members of the Club.
· It is understood that part of my membership subscription includes an annual subscription to the official magazine or an approved and prescribed regional magazine as may be applicable.