Why Become A Member Of Rotary? – 20 Answers To The Question
1. Friendship - In an increasingly complex world, Rotary provides one of the most basic human needs: the need for friends and fellowship. It is one of the two reasons why Rotary began in 1905.
2. Business Development - This is the second original reason for Rotary's beginning. Everyone needs to network. Rotary consists of a cross selection of every business community. Its Members come from all walks of life. Rotarians help each other and collectively help others.
3. Personal Growth and Development - Membership in Rotary continues one's growth and education in human relations and personal development.
4. Leadership Development - Rotary is an organisation of leaders and successful people. Serving in Rotary positions is like a college education in Leadership: learning how to motivate, influence and lead leaders.
5. Citizenship in the Community - Membership in a Rotary Club makes one a better community citizen. The average Rotary Club consists of the most active citizens in any community.
6. Continuing Education - Each week at Rotary there is a program designed to keep one informed about what is going on in the community, nation and world. Each meeting provides an opportunity for different speakers and different topics.
7. Fun - Rotary is fun. A lot of fun. Each meeting is fun. The Club projects are fun. Social activities are fun. And the service is fun.
8. Public Speaking Skills - Many individuals who join Rotary were afraid to speak in public. Rotary develops confidence and skill in public communications and the opportunity to practice and perfect these skills.
9. Citizenship in the World - Every Rotarian wears a pin that says: "Rotary International." And every Rotarian is welcome - even encouraged - to attend - at 28,000 clubs in 188 nations and geographical regions. There are few places on the globe that do not have a Rotary Club. This means instant friends in both one's own community and in the world community.
10. Assistance when Travelling - Because there are Rotary Clubs everywhere, many a Rotarian who has needed a doctor, a lawyer, a hotel, a dentist, advice, etc., whilst travelling has found assistance through Rotary.